Wednesday, February 19, 2020

My 10 Meter Repeater Featured in Magazine!

Back in 1996, I walked to the mailbox one morning, and found a copy of a Japanese magazine - 29MHZ FM Radiosport. I was a little confused, as it was mostly in Japanese. I thumbed through the magazine, and realized they had a feature, multi-page article on my 10 meter repeater! Wow, was I ever surprised. I contacted the author, then JH7LGJ, and thanked him. 

Thinking back, Japanese stations were heard regularly on the repeater at night. The repeater has been on the air since 1994, and with sunspot cycle 22 being so strong, it seems it was heard in Japan quite often. The repeater transmitter was running about 350 watts carrier, and would often transmit from before sunrise, until well after 11pm local. Here's a few pics of the magazine...





I have since rebuilt the repeater, and made many changes. Here's a coupe of links to the original installations and info about their builds...

The receive system and link...  http://207.126.49.184/teara/2962.html

The transmit system and link... http://207.126.49.184/teara/2962a.html


Dave WB4IUY
www.WB4IUY.net