Monday, February 17, 2014

Hy-Gain Hy-Range 1

Another one out of the junk pile... Hy-Gain Hy-Range I. This is the CB I had in a '61 Chevy pickup, back in the late 70's. I picked up another for parts up at a swap meet somewhere, been in my attic since around '93. Bad channel selector, blown lamps, broken wires in the mic cord, bad speaker, rusty cases. Finally finished it, probably wasn't worth the effort, but it's a nostalgia thing for me

Found a little info about Hy-Gain. Looks like this might have been made before 1975, since the Hy-Gain III came out in '75. Here's a little info in the radio museum... 

https://www.radiomuseum.org/dsp_hersteller_detail.cfm?company_id=9119&fbclid=IwAR0P7w2ZcsApD21dZE9Ebpzmh1vzXXlcz6Dpzhy-ycSgTIDTYSvGKowrbKg





Before...



After... I have this mounted on a bracket near my workbench, in operation most days.