Sunday, August 25, 2013

HD-73 rotor or motor needed...

On the morning of 8/24/13, the motor in my Alliance HD-73 antenna rotator failed. A few tests found the motor windings to be shorted to the housing. It's been a great antenna rotor, providing 20 years of service though hurricanes, ice, rain, etc. It even survived a lightning strike back in '98! Since my rotor mount base plate is drilled for this unit, my thrust bearing is pinned for the height of the housing, etc, I'd rather repair this unit than have to refit everything for a rotor of a different manufacture or model.

If anyone has a junked HD-73 rotor with bad gears, bad feedback pot, cracked housing, etc, I'd love to buy this from you. I'm only looking for a motor. Otherwise, if you have a complete HD-73 rotator unit for sale, I'd like to speak with you as well. Please email me at wb4iuy@eastrc.org with your info. Thanks!

Dave WB4IUY
www.WB4IUY.net
wb4iuy@eastrc.org


No comments: