Sunday, November 12, 2017

Antenna work - 11/11/17

I picked up this Force-12 6 element HF yagi right after my tower came down in the storm of April 2016. Being a used antenna, there were a few things I needed to do before installation. After sorting through things, I decided to modify the boom mount to best suit my installation, and split the boom into 3 pieces to allow for re-assembly from the top of the tower, as opposed to hauling the entire fully assembled antenna to the top. All bits are now assembled and installed on a temporary tower section, and ready for tuning.

Some of the parts laid out, prior to assembly...


Boom mounting plate on my old manual mill, about to be modified for best installation on my mast...


Awaiting surgery...


Drilled, milled, and ready to go...


Mocked up with some new hardware...


Modified mounting plate attached to the boom plate, ready for installation...



Mid-section of the boom bolted to a temporary tower section I stood up in the back yard for assembly of the antenna and testing, prior to being hauled up the big tower.


A shot down the boom after fitting all boom parts together...


Another look at the boom, assembled, from an angle...


20m Reflector installed...


20m driven element now installed...


All elements installed, and ready for the feed harness...

Dave WB4IUY