Monday, November 26, 2018

I miss the Radio Shack Project Boxes...

Wow...sure miss the days when Radio Shacks were all around, and I could grab one of these cool cabinets to build things in. I've built a ton of stuff in these things...keyers, receive preamps, T/R Switches, Power Supplies, Amps, you name it! Lots of stuff, I wish these were still available.... 




 Later, before Radio Shack closed up, these cheapie plastic boxes came out. They're cool for stuff, but nothing like those nice metal cabinets with the wrinkle finish. I wonder if anyone still sells the metal cabinets above?? Here's a few pics of the plastic stuff I also built things in...




Oh well, I guess times change, but I still like to live in the past!! Email me if you know of a source fo rthe metal cabinets in the first picture group. Thanks!

Dave WB4IUY