Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A Few Bits From JARSfest...

I headed up to a hamfest put on by the Johnston Amateur Radio Society (JARS) on Sunday 11/18/18. We had a chilly start for the tailgate area, but it warmed up quickly. BIG turnout! There was loads of stuff outdoors by the tailgating crowd, and all tables were sold out inside. Here's a few pics I took...











You can tell by the photos above, that I like the vintage stuff :-)  I picked up two bags full of components for various projects, only spent abt $30! Shrink tube for trap caps, piles of capacitors (HV, ceramics, electrolytics, etc), zener diodes, transistors, switches, project boxes, a huge RF plate choke, rubber feet, spacers, nicad battery packs, binding posts, etc.




 







 I saw lots of old friends I had not seen in years, met several new friends, got to look at tons of stuff, and had the most fun I've had at a hamfest in years. 

Dave WB4IUY