Monday, July 30, 2012

Re-Opening my Personal Hamfest!



While cleaning up a bit in my home workshop, I came to realize that I have WAY more 'rainy day projects' than there are rainy days... I've started itemizing parts, radio gear, and test equipment and listing it HERE on my personal hamfest page.

In years gone by I've parted out estate sales, loads of government radio gear, TV shop inventory I'd bought, along with various pieces of radio equipment I had repaired and wanted to sell. I found it much easier and more relaxing than trying to drag all that stuff to hamfests and less trouble than trying to manage a bunch of eBay listings.

I have many hundreds of tubes, all of which have been tested on my Hickok mutual conductance tester. They are a mix of NOS inventory, pulls, etc. I originally bought all of these to supply my own restoration needs for my boat anchor collection, but it got way out of control :-) You can take a peek at some of them HERE .

I'm always looking to improve my work bench on the cheap, so I'm constantly picking up used test equipment to restore. As a result, I also have a bunch of pieces of test gear in various stages of restoration. Some good, some not so good, some just for parts. You can see some of it HERE

I'm also always looking for that 'next piece' for my boat anchor collection. I list the items I'm looking for on my hamfest page as well. The inventory that is for sale is constantly changing, so keep an eye on the site and let me know if you see something you need. if so, drop me a note at wb4iuy@eastrc.org .